Features | 1/24/2011 11:15:44 AM | Mark Steenhuis
|Mark Steenhuis (Photo: Bill Wippert)|
1. Ryan from St. Catharines: How is the vocal presence on the floor with Billy Dee out for the year?
Obviously Billy is a huge part of our defense so we definitely miss his leadership on the floor. It just means that the other guys have to try to fill his absence until his return. It’s definitely not as loud without him.
2. Kevin from Tonawanda: I watched The X and want to know what the tattoo on your leg is of?
In 2001 I played lacrosse for the St. Catharines Junior A lacrosse team. We won the Minto Cup that year and the guys all got a tattoo representing our team and the Minto Cup.
3. Don from Gasport: What was your favorite cartoon when you were a kid?
Care Bears and My Little Pony. Next would be X-Men and Cops.
4. Jeff from Cheektowaga: When playoff time comes, what will it take from the fans to get to cut your hair Mohawk style?
Nothing. I can’t mess with the flow.
5. Laura from Peterborough: Will you be playing for the Peterborough Lakers again this summer?
I haven’t decided exactly what I’m doing this summer, but it’s definitely a possibility.
6. Christopher from Buffalo: What do you think of the new blood for this team including Tracey Kelusky from Calgary?
I think everyone’s fitting in really well. It’s nice to have those quality guys on our team.
7. Nicholas from Youngstown: Why did you get a moustache?
Because I love mustaches. I grew it for Cancer Awareness during the month of November.
8. Kevin from Buffalo: How does it feel to score a game winning goal?
It’s amazing. It’s one of those things that you always imagine when you’re in the backyard shooting on the net, and when it actually happens it’s pretty amazing.
9. Bradley from Lockport: What do you think about the games being televised this season?
I think it’s fantastic. It’s about time. It’s great to see that we have a deal with Time Warner. Hopefully it’ll draw more fans to the game.
10. Robert from Buffalo: Are you going to break Athan Iannucci's single season scoring record?
I don’t know. I think that would be a hard task this year considering I’m coming out the back door (of the player’s bench) and playing more of a defensive transition role. In years to come I’ll try to tackle it.
11. Brandon from Syracuse: How much fun is it to play in front of a sellout crowd at every home game?
It’s one of the neatest things that I’ve been a part of. The electricity in the building from the fans is something that always gives me goosebumps.
12. Peter from Buffalo: When you are choosing the mesh for your stick, do you usually buy it factory strung or do you get it straight from the factory and string it yourself?
A bit of both. Most of the time I string it myself, but sometimes I have them string it and I just tweak it out when I get it.
13. Spencer from Niagara Falls: What kind of meals do you eat on the day of a game?
Normally I’ll have some sort of cereal, yogurt and fruit for breakfast. Salad, chicken, pasta and more fruit for lunch, and before the game I’ll have a chicken sandwich with granola and yogurt.
14. David from Cheektowaga: Does your uniform number carry any significance for you?
I used to be #3 growing up playing basketball. When I switched to lacrosse, #3 was taken by Billy Dee and I haven’t talked to him since. So I just multiplied 3 by 3 and that’s how I ended up with jersey #9.
15. Kayla from Sanborn: What was the last time you had a haircut?
I had my hair cut in September. I usually get it cut at the end of every lacrosse season, but I don’t cut it during the season.
16. Brian from Buffalo: Are you worried about facing Rochester goalie Matt Vinc three times this season?
I’m not necessarily worried about it. The games between us and Rochester are always pretty big games. Them having Vinc will only make it more exciting.
17. Garret from Rochester: Do you like playing games in Rochester where there are lots of opposing fans?
I love playing games in Rochester because 50% of the fans are our fans and with them being there it makes it feel like a home away from home.
18. Taylor from Kenmore: How did you start playing lacrosse?
My basketball season at my school got cancelled and a buddy asked me if I wanted to come out and play field lacrosse.
19. Amanda from Amherst: If you had to choose a sport other than lacrosse, what would it be?
It would be basketball. I love basketball
20. Jacob from North Tonawanda: Who is the most disliked player in the NLL?
If you had to do an overall pool, I’d have to say Geoff Snyder or Colin Doyle.