News | 2/4/2009 1:00:47 PM | Bandits.com
NLL Director of Public Relations, Doug Fritts, held a coaches' conference with the media. Listen to Buffalo Bandits Head Coach Darris Kilgour and the Edmonton Rush Coaches discuss the upcoming match-up.
Audio: CONFERENCE CALL
BUFFALO BANDITS GAME NOTES
THE LAST TIME...
Buffalo opened the season against Philadelphia on January 3 with a 15-11 victory. Here are a few notes from the last meeting:
- Philadelphia won 27 of 30 face offs. Since then Buffalo has won 51-99 face offs.
- The Bandits out shot the Wings 49 to 43.
- Buffalo outscored Philadelphia 7-2 in the second and third quarter.
- Mark Steenhuis had a game-high 8 points (4+4).
Captain Rich Kilgour returned to the Bandits after missing the first four games of the season with an elbow injury. The defenseman collected one assist and two loose balls in his first appearance of the season. He currently has 316 career points (94+222), all with the Bandits.
PUTTING UP A WALL
For the first time since the first week of the season a Bandtis goaltender was not named defensive player of the week. However, for the fourth-straight week the Bandits held their opponent to under 10 goals. Ken Montour turned away 47 shots last week in Edmonton to earn his third victory of the season. It was the first game of the year that Montour allowed over six goals. He remains the league leader with a 6.67 GAA and .870 save percentage. Mike Thompson is currently fourth in the NLL with an .818 save percentage and ninth with a 10.00 GAA.
Tonight is Buffalo's third and final game of a season long road trip as the Bandits have not played at HSBC Arena since January 16. Buffalo is currently 2-0 on the road trip and have outscored their opponents 23-17 entering tonight’s game. Buffalo will play four more road games this season but none come in consecutive weeks.
- Kevin Dostie - 200th career NLL point (assist) 1/16 vs. ROC
- Roger Vyse - 100th career NLL point (goal) 1/24 @ MIN
- Cory Bomberry - 600th career NLL point (assist) 1/29 @ EDM
- Mark Steenhuis - 200th career NLL assist 1/29 @ EDM
- Powless - Three points away from 200th career NLL
- Greenhalgh - Five assists away from 100th career
- Accursi - Seven assists away from 200th career NLL
- Kilgour - Six goals away from 100th career NLL goal